This post is dedicated not just on how to keep stylish while travelling, but also includes tips for keeping your luggage light while at it. It’s a win win situation because at the same time you’ll be spending less time rummaging amongst your things every morning, so you can spend more time out and about seeing the world.
- Pick one main colour then coordinate all the clothes and accessories you bring around that colour palette. I must have this in my genes from my elegant grandmother, who would always be colour coordinated in everything, not just in her dressing but also in her interior decoration. So for example I love blues. I usually pick blue as my main colour, and as you can see in the photo, everything here revolves around navy blue.
- Add a pop of alternative colours with a scarf. I adore scarves because apart from being a chic accessory, they help keep you warm if needed. I’m prone to catching colds, and I know there is nothing worse than spending the rest of your trip feeling ill and miserable.
- Whether you’re into shoulder bags, backpacks, cross-body bags, small bags or maxi ones to fit as many things as possible inside, choose a light bag to bring with you. When you’re busy walking and sightseeing all day long, you don’t need the extra weight of a heavy bag to tire you out even more. Living in Barcelona as a do, which is notorious for pickpockets, I always intuitively pick the most pickpocket proof bag as possible, you don’t want to ruin your journey by spending it in the police station reporting your stolen purse or phone.
- Now is the time to bring and use those tiny perfume and skincare samples you have –as long as you’re confident that they’ll suit your skin and wont break you out or anything weird. Especially if you’re not checking in luggage, with the strict airline hand luggage rules, you want to try and keep your cosmetics below the minimum of the regulations. And when I saw below, I mean well below! I’ve had my fair share of cranky airport officials forcing me to throw out moisturizing creams (even though I was well in compliance with the regulations) just because so, just because they were in a cranky mood that day. So keep the sizes as tiny as possible, just in case…
- With the continuation of keeping your cosmetics to the minimum, if you love make up, try creamy formulas that don’t need brushes. That way you save space in your suitcase and save time fiddling around or even washing the brushes. You can even multi-use you products. You can double up your lipstick as a blush for example.
Enjoy your journey!